Cargill provides food, agriculture, financial and industrial products and services to the world. Together with farmers, customers, governments and communities, they help people thrive by applying insights and 150 years of experience. Cargill has 155,000 employees in 68 countries who are committed to feeding the world in a responsible way, reducing environmental impact and improving the our communities.
Expanding Their Online Presence Internationally, with Ease and Confidence
- In an effort to continue to expand their global online presence, Cargill needed the ability to quickly and easily replicate and deploy websites internationally.
- The organization had been customizing on an older CMS for several years and realized it was time to standardize the platform on supported technology. They found the technology they needed in WebCenter Sites to support their online business objectives.
- After a three-day onsite discovery workshop was conducted with the Cargill team, a Business Requirements document, annotated screenshots, technical design specification, and an implementation plan and estimates were provided and approved by Cargill.
- Development followed a sprint-based approach with frequent demos, client training, and UAT after every sprint. Since Cargill’s team consisted mainly of IT folks, the CMS configuration definition and development went smoothly due to the level of understanding of CMS tools.
- The WebCenter Sites Platform was designed and developed to support Cargill’s business needs. They now have the ability to replicate sites — nationally and internationally — for fast deployment. A production ready site for their German site, Cargill.de was completed as a pilot. Training was conducted and the Cargill team added content, configured the site, and launched it successfully.
- Cargill is now able to quickly and easily create and deploy other international sites on a supported platform.