Headquartered in Pella, Iowa, privately-held Pella Corporation offers a full range of energy-efficient windows and doors, including residential and commercial products for new construction, remodeling and replacement projects. Known for innovation since the company was founded in 1925, their mantra is they “can offer customers windows and doors to meet virtually any design or budget.” Manufactured at sites across the USA, Pella Windows and Doors are available across North America and in select countries overseas. As a service to customers who choose to have their local Pella representatives coordinate installation of Pella Windows or Doors, Pella allows consumers to conveniently schedule in-home consultations for window or door replacement online through pella.com.
Business Process Discovery, Architectural Strategy, Education and WebCenter Implementation
The company was using SharePoint and a .NET system that were slow to bring campaigns to market and roll out additional channel opportunities. They were also struggling with improving appointment conversions online. Additionally, Pella was experiencing a lack of personalization and visibility into prospects and clients. Lastly in an effort for channel expansion, they were overspending on paid traffic, and not benefitting from enough owned and learned data.
By addressing these challenges head on, Pella was able to devise a strategy that would incrementally increase sales leads, increase close rates, and reduce web appointment cancellations. They decided to migrate from SharePoint to WebCenter Sites for ease of maintenance and the ability to implement a personalization strategy to help increase their targeted messaging. The full implementation plan included the integration of WebCenter Content and Eloqua for a more complete automated marketing system and positive experience for their staff.
- Migrating from SharePoint to WebCenter Sites for ease of maintenance and ability to implement personalization strategy to help increase their targeted messaging online.
- Needed the functionality of Oracle WebCenter Sites.
- Full implementation plan includes the integration of Content.
- Discovery workshop
- Business Requirements document
- Annotated screenshots
- Technical design specifications
- Implementation plan and estimates
- Implementation and content integration
- Shifted Pella from a developer-focused content management experience in SharePoint, to a business user focused content management solution within WCS, including integration with WCC as an enterprise asset management solution.
Visualization of Project Outcomes